Thursday, December 4, 2008

Curious


scoliosis a common disease among the teenagers' population.Maybe to be more precise it is two percent of all women, and one half of a percent of all men have scoliosis. Most common scoliosis in teenager is Adolescent Idiopathic Scoliosis (AIS).


Scoliosis is a medical condition in which a person's spine is curved from side to side, and may also be rotated. It is an abnormal lateral curvature of the spine. On an x-ray, the spine of an individual with a typical scoliosis may look more like an "S" or a "C" than a straight line. In most cases, scoliosis is a genetic inheritence disease based on the Mendelian Inheritance but with imcomplete penetrance. It is often rare that this scoliosis is not from genetic inheritance. Hence, scoliosis is also known as idiopathic which in forth means that unknown or in latin it is; we are idiot, we don't know what it means. Scientist had been doing research for about ten years yet there is no cure for scoliosis unless surgery which will only be performed when one has a very severe scoliosis till it affects one's daily life.


4th of December 2008, a new member is added to scoliosis group and that is me. I never knew it would happen to me till today it is proven so. I am thankful to God that it is just a mild case for me. I don't know whether will it worsen in the future but I have faith that it will not. Right now at this very moment,I am not afraid. This is not the time to worry about this as great things are awaiting for me, I suppose.

Today, I had an urge that drive me wanna know more about the reason behind almost everything. I would like to spent time seeking reasons behind unsolved mysteries or unknown questions. My curiosity just grown tremendously within myself.

P/S Above is not my X-ray photo.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i heard of it before, maybe u already knew what i'm about to write.
For mild cases, scoliosis can be cured by an amour-like vest, giving your backbone support and adjust your sitting or standing position.